Monday, April 27, 2009

Thoughts On...

dancing with the lights on....

I love the "light on effect" at dances where young people are gathered.  When the lights are off at a club or a dance hall or whatever you want to call it, you can see vague flashing strobe lit figures bumpin and grindin on the dance floor having a grand ol' time.  Its pretty out of control I think.  When did dancing turn in to imitation copulation on a hardwood floor with fancy shoes?  Some of the older generation might ask, when will this stop?  How far can it go?  Well, having had the privilege of attending such feverish events, I can say it will all stop with the flick of a switch.  There is nothing more entertaining than watching the faces of two fine young people stare each other in the face with complete shame as they realize they weren't really dancing... or were they.  In the dark, its called "dancing" but when the lights go on unexpectedly, it seems to be something else that nobody wants to be a part of.  Hmmm... interesting. 

Cars with push ignitions....

I could see a use for these cars if you didn't have to have a key to get in to the car.  However, from my experience, which I admit is limited to a small stint in a Prius, there really isn't any point.  You have to put a square stick into a little slot in the car and then push the ignition button to start the car.  What's the point of the push ignition if you have to carry around a "key" with you anyway, which is actually larger than a normal car key...

I realize these past points make me sound a little geriatric and detached from my fellow generation.  This could be true... my body seems to think so seeing that I am currently nursing my billionth ankle sprain of my life.  I used to think I would sometimes fit in better in another generation... maybe the 30's or 50's, I don't know, there are pros and cons to each generation but I feel like I sympathize with an ideal or style or music of a generation long gone.  If you could live through your twenties in another decade, which would you choose...

No comments:

Post a Comment