Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Summer goals

Summer goals:

take piano lessons
write a song (a little ambitious I know)

make another painting (a portrait of someone.  I'm usually afraid to tackle portraits because I'm not the best with proportions and I tend to be overly critical of my art.  I refuse to do another seascape though)

read~ East of Eden, Anna Karenena, Why We Hate Us, For Whom The Bell Tolls (the first two are extremely long but you gotta aim high right?  I'm going to try and get in the habit of reading a little bit after work and a little bit before bed each day.)  And there really are a lot of other books I want to read but I'm trying to prioritize a little

go to a drive in movie theater again
run/swim at least 5 days a week (I kind of want to run a marathon, and I might as well start)
watch more classic movies.  I really need to watch The Hustle just out of the top of my head
write more
hang out with my friends who I've spent the last two years missing... a lot.

CAMPING (I would love to go on a trip with my dad.  We haven't camped together since my brother and I were 11 years old.  I think it would be great for our relationship to rough it together again.)

cook more often (yes, with like... what's it called?.... oh yes, a recipe)
play pick up basketball and ultimate
become a wine afficionado
take lots of pictures, with my soon to be new camera
go to lots of Padres games
surf
perhaps an ambitious one... not role my ankle this summer.
go to Outside Lands Music Festival
find a real job if I haven't found one yet
spend as much time with the brother as possible
clean up my language (Ryan doesn't read this blog so I can blame him without him getting mad)
hang out with KB....

To be continued...


2 comments:

  1. NICE list. I love lists. maybe I will make one.

    two things that I'm all about:
    - reading a little after work and a little before bed
    - running (and potentially doing a marathon). this has come up in conversations between cr and i. also, I just got some siiick new asics.

    lets chill this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes Mike. we will chill for sure! This was included in the list as:

    "hang out with my friends who I've spent the last two years missing... a lot."

    ReplyDelete